Sunday, September 8, 2013

ACT OLD LATER

When ever I look up and see it dangling on the wall, I laugh.  When my grand daughter visited  with her mother, my wonderful daughter-in-law Charlotte, we went to a few galleries and little gift shops in Charlestown.  I saw the sign--act old later-- and picked it up for a while, and then she surprised me by buying it for me.  It is good advice.  I can' t always  follow it because I am  feeling so  stiff and sore with my  herniated discs and my  inability to walk  pain free.

I want to do more than I can do. RE-READ that --it is madness-- that is a path to frustration and finally despair.
But now I ask myself another question.  Am I doing all that I can do?   I have decided to concentrate on what I can do--which is reading and writing.  I am doing both more systematically and more on a daily basis.
I finally  put a collection of poems together for  a volume called DEMENTIA:THIS UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY.  I  expect that it will be in print soon.  I decided to be real about my resources and to  finally do what I can do  and keep pushing on that frontier.  
I can write and publish.
What about in the physical realm--I can swim--let's try it every day.  It is my one pain free  movement--let's take it to the limit--one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment