Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Something I just made

IN the spirit of this blog and my new determination to stop waiting to get better and to do something that I can do now. That is the only way to make it better--I post the FIRST DRAFT of a poem I wrote for a Workshop I have enrolled in online SOUND THE TRUMPETS--- here goes First draft of SOUND poem
INDIAN SUMMER on the Banks of the TEN MILE RIVER
I park the car so we can see the falls
shimmering like shook silk
water so still above the low dam
beaten to froth below like beer foaming in a glass
I lower the windows, warmth enters
bringing with it murmurs like slurring drunks
of waters never silent shush
sliding slowly over the upper pond, swans
glide in the reflecting brown water
their wake churns seed pods and leaves
below shallow water gurgles between suds and tree snags
Three geese fly low under the stone bridge
squawking loudly as they land ungainly
flapping, skimming, breaking the calm
like children let out at recess
or a late inning runner sliding into third.

No comments:

Post a Comment